Introduction: MetroPCS is basically a mobile telecommunications network. It is now known as Metro by T-MOBILE. It is a wireless carrier which is prepaid in nature and is owned by T Mobile USA. It had been the fifth-biggest mobile telecommunications network in the USA. MetroPCS was established by Roger Linquist in 1994 and the name kept was General Wireless, Inc. The word PCS is an abbreviated form of Personal Communication Service. The services of MetroPCS were first launched in 2002.
Dating back in 2005, MetroPCS had an active user base of 1.5 million subscribers. At this time, the company had 21 licenses in total and it was operating in Tampa, Sarasota, Greater Miami, Sacramento, Atlanta, and San Francisco. By the end of the year, the company expanded its services to Detroit and Dallas too. On the 19th of April, the year 2007, it entered the stock market. It had an initial public offering of 50 million shares and they were closed at 27.40 dollars. The market cap thus created amounted to 8 billion dollars.
The company then merged with T-Mobile USA in October 2012 by making an agreement. The new company thus created began trading on the New York stock exchange. The MetroPCS CDMA network was a legacy of MetroPCS and was decommissioned in 21st June 2015. The customers of this CDMA network were diverted to the company’s LTE network. Before the merge, T-MOBILE had a customer base of 32 billion and after merging with MetroPCS, it increased to 41 billion since MetroPCS had a database of 9 billion customers at that particular time.
MetroPCS Bill Payment
Visiting the office of MetroPCS and standing in the queue waiting when will your turn come and you would get rid of the queue, is quite a scenario no one wants to witness. Therefore, be ready to know about METROPCS bill pay. Yes, with the help of MetroPCS Bill Pay you will not have to stand in the queue and you can easily pay your bills online sitting on the couch. You can pay the bills directly at MetroPCS’s official website which will save both time and energy. One thing to keep in mind is that there is a convenience fee on some modes of payment, therefore, go through the convenience fee section.
This article is designed especially for the purpose of your understanding as to how you can pay the bills online by using MetroPCS’s official website. The motive of this article will be to clear any doubts that you have in mind regarding MetroPCS’s bill payment.
Although the services rendered by the site are absolutely free of cost, still you may be charged a very small amount to get the job done for you.
First things first, in order to avail the facility of online payment, you need to have an account. Therefore, log on to the official website, make an account there and then you are all set to pay your bills online. Through this account, you will be able to check your payment status, payment due date, existing plans and offers and you can also change your plan. You can either operate the website on your desktop or your mobile phone. In mobile, you will also be able to get instant notifications from MetroPCS.
A short guide to help you pay the bill
- First things first, visit the MetroPCS website and log in using your username and password. The username and password will be the same that you had created at the time of making this account. Also, enter all the relevant details required for bill payment.
- Secondly, keep your debit or credit card ready with you at the time of paying the bill. A stable internet connection is also recommended else the payment path may be obstructed and there can be a chance that your bank debits the amount but MetroPCS does not credit.
- When you have opened the site and are also ready with the card, go on the section that displays “make a payment”. Click on it and then you will be redirected to a page wherein you have to enter a few details.
- Since this mode of payment is manual, you will be required to fill in certain credentials. You have to enter your phone number. After this, you will again be redirected to a page where you will have to enter your credit or debit card details. Then you have to confirm the details and the transaction will be finalized.
- In case you want an automated payment facility, meaning you want that the payment is done automatically every month, then the company provides a feature wherein you may activate the auto payment mode. You have to enter your card credentials and save them and activate the “Saved Payment Method”.
This way, your MetroPCS bill payment will be done online rather than visiting the office and standing in the queue for hours. Thank you for reading!!